I’m sure that recent iPads are the best tablets Apple has made till now. Apple iPad pro 12.9 is considered as a complete laptop. But wait! Is that true? We will give a detailed review and discuss its pros and cons.
The 2018 iPad Pro is faster, sleeker and flexible than any other tablet. This new generation of iPads seems to replace a traditional laptop because it is much more than a tablet. But I think it totally depends on your priorities.
As compared to previous iPad the design is new, the screens grew larger, and the bezels shrink. The quad speakers also got improved, the performance is through the roof these days, and there is also a new generation of Apple pencil. It is the most powerful device apple has ever made. Obviously, it will have some cons, nothing is perfect. But I will just say ‘WOW’ for this.
The 120Hz refresh rate, an upgrade to the already available 120Hz touch input, is probably one of the most predictable additions. If you are a gamer then you got fascinated by this feature. The camera also got a huge boost. The rear one supports Smart HDR, while the front one can do portraits and Face ID.
I want to see Apple to bridge the gap between iOS and MacOS. This new generation of iPads will grow into a computer.
Pros of Apple iPad pro (2018):
New design: Apple kicked its traditional curves good bye and go for angular and a sleeker design. It is easy to hold.
Liquid retina display: The display is large and rich in colors. You can see plenty of details on a screen.
Face ID: Face ID works in both portrait and landscape mode.
USB-C connectivity and fast charging: It supports fast charging and claims battery life up to 10 hours. It also supports reverse charging.
Improved Apple pencil: It has the wireless charging feature. You can stick on the side of iPad, it does not fall even if you shake. It also has the double tap feature that allows you to change tools within apps.
Smart keyboard folio: It connects via small connector dots. Typing on the device feels natural with the keys. It is suitable for writing longer pieces.
Storage: I have up to 1TB of internal storage.
Cons of the Apple iPad pro (2018):
Costly: Apple iPad pro is -no doubt- expensive. And you have to buy a keyboard folio case and pencil that overall makes it highly expensive
Non-compatible EarPods: If you have the old EarPods with the 3.5mm connector – we have even more terrible news – the audio port has been discarded with this new generation of iPads.
Not a complete laptop: Does not support mouse or track pad. Multitasking beyond two apps is difficult. No file directory support
Apple pencil non-Compatibility: The old Apple Pencil is not compatible with this iPad also. You’ve to buy the new one cost almost $130.
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) specs
- Body: Aluminum body, oleophobic, scratch-resistant screen glass and antireflective coating
- Screen: 12.9″ IPS LCD 2048 x 2732 px resolution, Wide color gamut, 120Hz refresh rate and touch sensing, True Tone support.
- Chipset:Four-core Apple GPU, 4-core Apple NPU 2-gen, Apple A12 Bionic chip (7nm) – Hexa-core 2.49GHz (2x Vortex + 4x Tempest) Apple CPU,
- OS:Apple iOS 12
- Memory: 64/256/512GB of internal storage, 4GB of RAM.
- Memory v2: 1TB of internal storage, 6GB of RAM,
- Camera:12MP camera with wide-angle F/1.8 lens, phase detection auto focus, quad-LED flash with slow sync, wide color gamut capture
- Video recording:2160p@60/30fps,720p@240fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps video recording.
- Selfie:7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, , digital video stabilization, 1080p@30/60fps video, depth detection for Portrait mode and animoji
- Connectivity:Dual SIM, 4G LTE (1 Gbps); Bluetooth 5.0; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, QZSS; GLONASS, GALILEO, NFC (Apple, NFC tag reading)
- Battery: USB-C-PD charging, 9,720 mAh battery.
- Misc:4 speakers, Face ID through dedicated TrueDepth camera.
- The change from Lightning to USB-C is more than welcome and we expect the standard jumps on the next iPhone generation, too. But it will be a huge difficulty for the early adopters as the new port renders ALL previous iPad accessories outdated, even the EarPods, as there’s no official Lightning-to-USB-C adapter.
Compare OnePlus 7 vs Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro: Price, Specs, Review
Are you confused between the OnePlus 7 and Xiaomi K20? If so, don’t worry because in this article we will...
Tecno spark 4 Vs Tecno Camon 12 Air | Detail Comparison
Tecno is a Chinese company with customers in now more than 60 countries across the globe. Tecno mobiles have been...
Infinix Hot 8 Lite Vs Infinix Smart 3 Plus | Major Updates
Buying a new phone can be a little difficult, be it for yourself or for your loved ones, considering we...
Samsung A51 vs Redmi Note 9 Pro: Detailed Comparison
Choosing a phone is a pretty hard decision; it becomes tougher if the preferred smartphones are fresh in the market...
Honor 10 vs. Honor View 10: Which One to Buy-Detailed Review
The Honor 10 and Honor View 10 are the exclusive smartphones from the Chinese company. Both the models are known...
Nubia N1 Vs Nubia N1 Lite: Detail Spec Comparison
The N1 line of Nubia has been quite successful and is one of the reasons for the company’s success in...
Samsung A71 vs Redmi Note 9s: Detail Comparison
Selecting a smartphone is a quite hard decision; it becomes harder if the desired phones are new in the market...
Detail Comparison of Moto G6 vs Moto G7: Unbox cell
The new Moto G7 is the top handset of four smartphones to bear the ‘G7’ name, and it openly swaps the budget-friendly Moto...
Samsung A51 vs Samsung A71 : Specs Comparison
Samsung A51 vs Samsung A71 So Samsung’s new Galaxy phones are taking over the market. Samsung A51 and Samsung A71...
Feature Comparison of Samsung’s Galaxy S20 vs Galaxy S20+ vs Galaxy S20 Ultra
Samsung has recently added the upgraded models to its popular range of Galaxy S-Series. Galaxy S-series phones are Samsung has...