Game Boy Advance (commonly known as GBA) is a 32-bit handheld game console.Game boy advance is one of the widely held portable game consoles. Android phones takes up such a huge part of the marketplace, that it is almost unavoidable that Android users would pay attention in playing their childhood favorites games on their mobiles.
Android smartphones have significantly improved in sheer power from the past several years whereas the earliest Android mobiles did not have the horsepower for consistent emulation. Here we’ve gathered some best emulators:
John GBAC (Offers in-app purchases)
John GBAC is the descendant of two Game Boy emulators for Android. It substitutes John GBC and John GBA and gathers the functionality together beneath a single roof. And good news is that it costs less than both of them separately.
- Dropbox support (requires John DataSync) Cheats
- Original GBA/GBC engine
- High quality rendering
- Hunt game files in SDCard & Internal Storage
- Virtual On-screen keypad
- Zipped file support
- Save States (with previews)
- Fully customizable layout
- Customizable keys
- Turbo buttons
- Fast forward / Slow down (x0.25 – x16)
- Bluetooth/MOGA controller support
ClassicBoy (Offers in-app purchases)
Classic Boy has a bunch of consoles, including Sega Genesis, PlayStation, NES, and, obviously, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy, and Game Boy Color. The application supports nearly all of the games. Moreover, player can save states, fast forward, load states, and cheat code. It is an emulator which permits you plays classic games by sensor and gestures that you have certainly not seen earlier.
- It runs on the following consoles:
- GameBoy Classic ( GB )
- SNK NeoGeo.
- GameBoy Advance ( GBA )
- Nintendo 64 ( N64 )
- PlayStation 1 ( PS1 )
- GameBoy Color ( GBC )
- Sega Genesis
- It inputs using touchscreen from graphic keys.
- Graphic buttons appearance custom settings for example scale, style, opacity, animation
- External keyboard/ Joysticks input by keys charting, maximum 4 players are supported.
- Custom setting for filter and game video size.
- Audio reverb
- Sensor / Gestures settings
- Game state slot saved and auto-saved
EmuBox works a lot like Classic Boy but with a diverse list of supported consoles. The list comprises PlayStation, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Color, SNES, and Game Boy Advance. It has the standard features, including load and save states, cheat support, and fast forward support. Furthermore, it gives hardware controller support.
- Fast Forward supported
- GBA emulator
- GBC emulator
- NDS emulator
- NES emulator
- Play with external controller or with bluetooth game pad.
- Load / Save game states.
- SNES emulator
- Game screenshot anytime you want
- PSX (PS1) emulator
- The multi-emulator with Material Design.
- Tweak emulator settings for improved performance
GBA.emu(Offers in-app purchases)
GBA.emu comes with all the features you had expected. That contains BIOS emulation, quick saves, hardware controller support and cheat code support. It is well-suited with most game ROMs and also plays efficiently. Additionally it gives cross-platform support with computer (PC) version. This means you can virtually play anytime, anywhere.
- Save state support and backup memory, state files are switchable with the PC version of VBA-M.
- Cheat code support using VBA-M-compatible files
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls
- USB game pad/ HID Bluetooth & keyboard support well-suited with every input device recognized by the Operating System
- No BIOS file needed, High-level BIOS emulation.
- Supports games in .gba format, optionally in RAR, ZIP, or 7Z files
- Works in any orientation
Pizza Boy GBA (Free)
Pizza Boy GBA is for Game Boy Advance and it’s decent for a newer emulator. It boasts 60FPS game play, no advertising, fast forward and slow motion, hardware controller support, and more. It also comes with the usual stuff like save states. This one is completely free with no ads and that makes it one of the more unique Game Boy emulators for Android. It does have the occasional bug, bust most complaints look fairly minor to us.
- 60 FPS granted on old hardware also
- Buttons size and position are totally customize
- It capture screenshots in Jpg
- GBA emulator with no ads
- Hardware joy pads support
- Restore and save states
- Fast forward /Slow motion
- Take advantage of OpenSL and OpenGL built-in libraries for audio and video performance
- Totally written in Assembly and C language for unbelievable performance and consumes less battery
RetroArch uses “cores” that you are able to install and each “core” is basically a game emulator. As it turns out, Game Boy Color, Game Boy, and Game Boy Advanced all have “cores” that work in RetroArch. It is absolutely free, open source, and there is no ads at all.
- Ability to load and enter cheats
- Capability to remap controls
- Incorporated input remapping
- Watch & Download games and play them with exclusive Game & Watch emulator.
- Download programs (‘cores’) online
- Offers Eye-candy menus
- Multi-language support
- More than 80+ programs (‘cores’)
- Play multiplayer with Net Play
- Scan directories/ files and add to game system groups
- Save states,take screenshots, and many more
- Update everything